United Way of the Coastal Bend
|United Way of the Coastal Bend is a broad-based volunteer organization that strives to unite all segments of our service community, which includes Bee, Jim Wells, Kleberg, Live Oak, Nueces and San Patricio Counties in Texas. Our purpose includes identifying and addressing human-service needs and improving the quality of life for people through planning, fund raising, and allocation of resources to address the needs of our service community.|
To carry out this mission the United Way will:
- Serve the needs of the public in an efficient and professional manner.
- Maximize, as fully as possible, the financial contribution of the voluntary sector through "one effort" and cooperate with the contributors, providers and users to meet the human needs of the service community.
- Recruit, train and involve volunteers and staff that are representative of and responsive to the entire community.
- Maintain an ongoing process of assessment and forecasting of significant service community changes so their impact can be reflected in United Way's decision making process.
- Communicate to the public the activities of United Way and its member agencies; raise the consciousness of individuals and the service community regarding responsibility for people's needs; and improve United Way's responsiveness to the public.
- Offer assistance to agencies to improve their operational efficiency and effectiveness.
711 N. Carancahua Street Suite 302|
Corpus Christi, TX 78401
Toll Free:: 800-421-4636
Vice President of Resource Development|
Work: 361-882-2529 Ext: 111
Resource Development Director|
Work: 361-882-2529 Ext: 116
Marketing & Communications Director|
Corpus Christi Caller-Times
Timothy P. Noble
Catrina Steinocher Wilson |
President and CEO United Way of the Coastal Bend
Ray Gritte |
Occidental Chemical Corporation
Ann Hennis |
Harline, Dacus, Barger, Dreyer & Kern, L.L.P.
John LaRue |
Port of Corpus Christi
Wesley Gore Jr.|
John Owen |
Goodwill Industries of South Texas
Mike Quintanilla |
Miller Environmental Services
Steve Woerner |
Driscoll Children's Hospital
Harry D. Wright |
Valero Three Rivers Refinery
|United Way of the Coastal Bend serves a six-county area of South Texas. Operations outside of Nueces County are overseen by area advisory boards of volunteers who live and work in the communities.|
For information about area-wide operations contact Associate Director of Resources Development.
Area-wide Advisory Boards are responsible for reviewing county needs for health, human and social services; recommending priorities among those needs; developing program goals relating to recruitment, referral, placement and recognition of volunteers; representing their community to the United Way and representing the United Way to the citizens of the community; actively managing the responsibilities of the campaign; recruiting volunteers to serve on all of the UWCB committees and UWCB Board of Governors.
- Bee County
- Jim Wells County
- Kleberg County
- Live Oak County
- Aransas Pass/Ingleside